- BS or MS in electrical engineering.
- 10+ years professional experience in implantable medical devices, with 5+ years in a senior R&D role.
- High level of expertise in implantable neurostimulators, associated electronics circuits, supporting components, and technologies.
- Expertise in analog and digital electronics; experience with sensors, wireless RF communications, and embedded systems.
- Experience with application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) technology, and development.
- Experience with electrical CAD tools.
- Expertise in implantable medical device electrical test methods and test instruments.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, design controls and quality system practices.
- Good interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of ISO 14708-3 and other industry standards applicable to an implantable neuromodulation system.
- Lead the design and analysis for an implantable neurostimulator circuit. Analyze electrical requirements, interfaces, components, and technologies
- Develop and author the document deliverables for the implantable neurostimulator electronics, including requirements, design documents, risk analyses, and V&V test documents.
- Generate implantable neurostimulator schematics, electrical assembly BOMs and component specifications.
- Work closely with ASIC designers to assure overall circuit performance and functionality.
- Work closely with component suppliers to assure required performance and functionality.
- Lead implantable neurostimulator electrical design reviews, document the results, track, and monitor action items.
- Develop and conduct engineering and V&V bench testing.
- Work with senior technical team to define and accomplish development objectives.
- Support critical suppliers and development partners.
- Provide review of proposed documentation and associated product changes.
- Assist in development of Device Master Record.